Sunday, February 05, 2006

We're Going to the Superbowl!!!!!

A post by Chris

The Super Bowl is such a great sport extravaganza; it is probably one of the greatest sports events in all of sports. A bunch of my friends were out the other night and we were talking about going on a road trip in the summer, we had a bunch of ideas to go some where hot and just to have fun. All of a sudden it hit me Toronto is only about 4 or 5 hours away from Detroit. I looked at my friend and I was like let’s go to the super bowl, he looked at me and was like LETS GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!! Then about ten of us were like WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!! So the plan was set Saturday morning ten of my friends and me are going to go on the best road trip of our lives we are going to go to Detroit and sit in the parking lot and take in all the hoopla that is the Super bowl. If you are any kind of sports fan at all you can understand the feeling that we all have right now it is going to be so great seeing famous people and taking in all the great food at the tailgating party.

The first thing that I did the next day after we came to the realization that WE WERE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL was I went on-line and tried to look at what kind of things were available for us to do. I found out that there is a thing all day on Saturday that is called the NFL experience what this is, is that you pay 15 dollars and there will be games and contests and NFL players signing autographs all day on Saturday. The next day Sunday we are pretty much just going to hang out in the parking lot, the only problem that could arise is that we don’t really know how we are going to watch the Super bowl. It would stink if we go all the way there and then don’t even get to see the biggest spectacle in sports. This will be the greatest road trip of my life so far and probably ever, well I don’t know if you can call a honeymoon a road trip but yeah it is up there.

I have been watching football all of my life my dad brought me up a Miami fan and every Sunday I go up to the TV lounge at Tyndale and I sit down for about 8 hours on Sunday and watch football. Sometimes people feel like they waste time when they watch so much TV but for me I don’t see it as wasting time, so what I am lazy on Sunday. So the fact that we are going to go to this game is just so huge. Everyone I see I tell I am going to the Super Bowl and then there reaction is usually where are your seats? I come back and say they are in the parking lot, but I don’t care this is going to be amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger blair said...

I would say it was worth missing class over.

10:36 p.m., March 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>