Sunday, February 05, 2006

Underworld

A post by James
I thought immediately when this assignment was handed out that it would be a great way for me to see some movies without the guilt of spending money. And I was right. I went to see Underworld Evolution.

First off I have to say that I saw the first one about two years ago, and from what I remembered it was a half decent vampire werewolf movie. It some minor swearing, no , and a little blood. Unfortunately the second did not live up to these expectations. It seems the director wanted to pummel us with blood, , and bad language. I was a little disappointed to say the least. The whole plot takes off immediately after the first movie, and is very connected to it. This plot is half decent and flows well, but as I said, is very connected to the first movie. The acting is pretty good and the action is intense. It is obviously not a great movie of our time, but neither is it extremely horrible.

My recommendation, if you are sensitive to the aforementioned things, then do not see it. If you want to maintain a certain level of mental purity, do not see it. If you saw the first, and want to know how the series continues, and you believe you can ignore the bad parts, then go see it, or wait for video. It is a classic teen guy movie, with heavy unrealistic action, hot s, and bad language. It is a shame that this is what directors have to make in order to get people out to the theatres.
As a Christian I had two immediate thoughts. 1) If I was a parent I would not want my kid to see this. 2) Should I really watch this kind of movie? Both thoughts were negative, so I assumed that I could have lived without seeing this movie. I am also not they type of person to walk out on a movie, I will watch it no matter how bad. And this movie was fun, and exciting, and I wish it could have had less swearing and .

1 Comments:

Blogger blair said...

Is there anything to say about the movie aside from the moral qualms that you have? For instance, never having seen the film, I wonder if there are themes such as good vs. evil represented here. Isn't the hero a woman? Is there some form of feminism at work? Would that be good?

9:49 p.m., March 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>