Sunday, February 05, 2006

iPod

a post by Jason

I have been salivating over the prospects of getting an iPod for nearly as long as they have been in their relatively short existence. Over Christmas I was hoping to get one and I was not disappointed. Aside from the fact that it may be the pinnacle of pop culture for me right now I have begun to realize that my expectations of the iPod have been met. I find myself just wandering around on it even in my spare time and it’s not like I have one of the 60gb iPods either.

These cool little toys have completely changed the whole music world for me. I can now carry over a day of music with me to do whatever I please. This is a truly remarkable thing for anyone who enjoys music. Everything from the shape of the iPod to their colours, to their remarkable size makes me love them. I find myself looking down upon all other personal music players. To top it all off Apple offers music for .99 in their online store. They also have videos and free podcasts that we can subscribe to. This is the total package.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your sister-in-law that Yorkdale offers a 10% discount to students. I just bought one last week for my bf's Valentines present cause he also wanted to listen to sermons and and watch business seminars. If you show them your student card they offer the discount. Oh the discount works on all accessories as well. At least it'll save her some of the tax.

1:18 a.m., February 06, 2006  
Blogger blair said...

As some of you know from class, I am not all that adept at using the Ipod although I do find it a fascinating piece of technology. I've commented elsewhere that I find the video function pretty useless on any of these devices because they are so small but the audio is quite spectacular. I listened to three different mp3 players a couple of weeks ago and found that the Ipod had much better sound quality than the others.

As for my interaction with these devices, I find that I don't have instances to use them. I never have a time when I'm listening through ear phones. I don't walk that many places. I don't take a lot of public transportation. When at my laptop I have music on it and when I have a connection to the internet I can listen to radio stations. I've downloaded podcasts that I've never listened to because I don't really have the place/time to do it. I wonder if other people have the same experience of not really having a context to listen to an Ipod?

10:15 p.m., March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>