Sunday, February 05, 2006

Jack #@ss: the Movie

a post by Calvin


My wife and I were channel surfing the other day when we stumbled upon yet another ‘great movie’ on City TV. No it wasn’t even a ‘Late Great Movie,’ but prime time. It was Jack#@s: The Movie. I must admit some of it was quite humorous, but on the other end of the spectrum, the majority was way over the top. Again I admit that I even found some of the over the top parts a little amusing as well. Yes, I know, I’m a horrible person. Maybe I’m just a little warped. There were many parts that I thought to myself, “why are they recording this? This has even surpassed the point of shock humor.” I don’t need to know where a guy can put his dinky car, let alone see it to verify that it can be done. I guess someone was curious to find out.
I wasn’t surprised to see the movie was airing during prime time hours, considering it is City TV, but it did make me think of the thousands of kids who were at home watching it. I could go into a debate on whether it is the job of these television stations or the parents to control what young people are exposed to, but I don’t think I will. A kid that has no guidelines as to what he can watch will be exposed to a lot of things on TV these days. Not that guidelines would do much anyway considering the majority of teens have a TV in their room. I think that both the media and parents should have some of the responsibility.

1 Comments:

Blogger blair said...

After a while doesn't it get boring? I was sick once and at my brother's house who had many Jack Ass videos around and so I watched some. There was a segment where they built this mondo Hot Wheels ramp that they were going to try to ride a BMX bike around and skateboard around. They brought in two pros, X-gamers sort of pros, to ride and skate through. After a few attempts the biker got through. That was interesting.

The next twenty minutes, at least it felt like twenty minutes, were the Jack Ass idiots trying, and failing, to get around the loop. The first fall was funny but after that, the same thing again, and again, and again, left me feeling sorry for them not laughing at them. When one of them was pierced so he couldn't poo anymore, it was amusing for the first minute but the subsequent 15 left me shaking my head. I turned it off, not because they were overly offensive but because they were overly boring.

What makes them so funny to people?

10:19 p.m., March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>