Sunday, March 04, 2007

O Brother Where Art Thou? - a post by Ryan

I don't know exactly why but it is my favorite movie. I have seen it over a dozen times, and every time I notice something I have never seen before. I love all the different situations that they find there selves in by chance, and the Irony of making a great song without knowing it. It is a journey that I think every guy can relate to and that's why guys like it so much. The movie takes you through all the emotions, humor, love, guilt, salvation & Joy, hatred etc. Each situation the 'soggy bottom boys' find themselves makes you feel a different emotion. One of the most random movies yet a classic.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

Interesting post for sure! I would have to agree with you about this movie in that it is a classic and it does offer up a variety of lessons and emotions that the viewer can participate in. However, I've always often wondered, in a movie that's so emotionally driven and so in some ways "passionate," how are males in particular supposed to relate? Society has a an image already laid out for us that we are to be tough, athletic, suck at school and show or feel no emotion. How then are we to interpret this movie, or do we?

-marc

6:33 p.m., March 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ryan,

This is a different, and good post. When reading it I couldn't help but relate it to reading a Bible passage, or hearing a sermon many times and getting something new out of it. I know I've done the 'Christian' thing, but I think that it's something to think about in terms of your blog. I believe that there is something to get out of everything we do; some more little than others, and also learning something new from the same thing over and over again. I really enjoyed this post!

- Andrew

8:57 p.m., March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>