Sunday, March 04, 2007

E.R. - a post by Ryan

A Cousin lent the first session of E.R. on DVD to my wife and I recently, both of us strictly comedy people did not think we would like it. After watching the first episode we have not been able to stop watching it. We are addicted!

The episodes build on one anther but don't leave you hanging or pick up on the story of a particular patient, instead it gives you an unquenchable desire to watch the
lives of a few doctors, nurse and clerks as each show develops more of their character. Having it on DVD gives us the luxury of not having commercials and being able to watch the next episode any time we want. If we didn't have a three month old demanding our attention I am sure we would have finished the entire first session in a week! The show puts me on edge, not because of the trauma of the patients coming in
to the E.R. but because I never know what's going to happen. Yet some of the characters are predictable and I feel good when I guess how they will respond and I am right. E.R. is an important cultural artifact because we have all experienced it before in some way. All of us have been in the E.R. whether for are self or with someone else. E.R. lets us experience life behind the scenes and from the other perspective.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think ER is a very interesting show. I first started watching when I was younger. I was the first real later night show that my parent let me watch. Since then I have been a fan. I like the writing/the action/ and the character development. I the writers do a great job of mixing up the action and the lives of the characters. As Ryan said I like being able to see what is going on behind the scenes and how the doctors interact and live. I like seeing the character in tough situations both inside and outside of the hospital and how they deal with it. I think shows like this really do well, the shows that have a balance between the plotline and side character development. At least for me those are the shows that I seem to get hooked on the most.

8:42 p.m., March 07, 2007  
Blogger Heejun said...

I like watching ER too! People love seeing medical dramas like ER. Doctors may be the object of people's adoration.Their life looks so cool and extraordinary. This kind of show contains lots of vivid and bloody scenes. Sometimes I feel so shocked and uncomfortable. But I keep watching it.

1:00 a.m., March 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>